Harry Potter or Twilight; which is better?


In as much as it sounds pointless comparing these two amazing storylines, I just might not let this slip away without putting together a few words about it. I'm neither a potterhead or a twihard, let's say I'm a potterheaded- twihard, as crazy as that may sound, it's a lighthearted truth..

So, what made potterheads want to compare their series to the lovely twilight? I really can't tell. But these are few reasons the two shouldn't be compared at all.

• First, Harry Potter and Twilight have different themes: While Twilight tells us a story about vampires and true love, Harry Potter depicts a story about wizards and the value of friendship. It true enough that there might be similarities but the comparison is uncalled for.
• Also, There are lots of misconceptions: 
One thing I came across most in this argument is that Stephanie Meyer copied J.K. Rowling by using Sirius Black to create Jacob Black. Another misconception is regarding the two characters turning into wolves.
 So here's why the accussations are false.
Technically, Jacob and other wolves in the story are shapeshifter, they shift into wolves. According to the story, this could be because of the Native American Ancestry while Sirius is an Anigamus— meaning a witch or wizard who can transform at will into an animal— so he changes into a Large black dog and not a wolf.
In addition, Harry Potter is referred to as "the boy who lived" while Edward Gullen is "the boy who lived forever".

The better way to prove which is better should be by opening both series on the same day and see which has a bigger fan base.. I will definitely sit in between both movies and watch them together, for real!
Both are stories that have made exceptional franchises, comparing these two is like teaching a snail to run. Anyway, it won't be a bad idea if you give your take on this and tell us which one of these two is your fave!

Reactions

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Definitely Harry Potter!!
    I say this because I was crazy about the book series and interested in the movie series. In Twilight's case, I REALLY tried(😂) to read the book(stopped quarter way). And as for Twilight movie series, I was genuinely interested to know how the novel ended..so I watched them.
    I get they are both paranormals but they have different genres/themes as you said..not much for comparison...
    This piece is captivating to me..keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it would not be surprising to note that I have not for once watched Harry potter

    ReplyDelete